MPA is looking for sponsor(s) to help with the Stem Academy scholarship. If you have any interest or know of a company willing to sponsor this, please contact me at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
We had several open positions at the end of this year that have been filled — thank you to those that have volunteered to fill these open positions!! And thank you to all of the current members staying on. A big heartfelt thank you to Kyle Costanzi, Patrice Costanzi, Teresa Foster, Jan Lassen, Kim Woodward and Rita Eng who are leaving our Board. They have committed many hours and hard work to make this organization successful — THANK YOU! Congratulations to Robin McMillen who was elected as the new President of DHSMPA, Michele Nedved (VP West), Carol Reiner (Treasurer), Karolyn Withka (Secretary West), Neil Johnson (Food Director), Amy Grubb (Chaperone Coordinator), and Nina Bucci (West Nurse) for taking on these roles. We would also like to thank Brent Lewis, DHS East band director who is retiring after 35 years! And also thank Sherry Weaver, Ochestra Director at all three high schools, who is also retiring after 35 years!
We are working with Ed Otto, DHS West on another Band Competition Show in September, 2016 at West.
We are excitedly working towards our next school year programs and fundraisers, and will list them on our calendar as soon as dates are confirmed. We will also update our Board contacts.
- West band won state championship in their divsion on Saturday, November 14, 2015 at Hershey Stadium.
- Indoor Guard placed 5th in Wildwood on May 1, 2016.
- DEHS Vocal Ensemble won 1st place with a Superior rating at the Music in the Parks competition in Hershey on May 14, 2016.
- Many choir students qualified for Regions.
- DHSE Cougar Cabaret performers raised $3,000 for the East Choir program.
- On Saturday, January 9, Downingtown East hosted their annual Barbershop Festival.
- Downingtown East Orchestra, Symphonic Band and Masterworks Choir travelled to Orlando to participate in the Disney Performing Arts and perform on stage at Disney Springs in March, 2016.
- Downingtown West Marching Band won in December, 2015 the Marching Band Field Competition for Class AAA in Jacksonville, Florida. The band won 1st place in the Taxslayer Bowl for HS division: Best Drum Major, Best Percussion, Best Overall.